Wednesday 14 January 2009

Inspiring Young People

Last year I started training young people in Creative Technology in Leamington Spa (www.hybridarts.co.uk). It's been very challenging. I've been trying to feel my way around it and think up methods and try to squeeze in the time to put together lesson plans. I need to think about subject, topic, method, structure, encouragement, bonding, outcome.
Click image to see the beginnings of the booklet.

This year my students are in year 11 and will be leaving school, and us, soon - they need something to show for their time with us. I think it's important for morale to have professional teaching materials and booklets, so I put something together which tries to focus on pointing out, acknowledging and recording achievement and learning, and uses positive language to reinforce this. My students have a tendency to give up easily because they 'can't' do it.


The next challenge is implementing it. Not so easy.

No comments: